Sautéed Bok Choi and Mushrooms
- Sautéed Bok Choi and Mushrooms
- 1 bunch Bok Choi (or several bunches of Baby Bok Choi)
- Shitake Mushrooms, a few handfuls sliced or whole
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1-3 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 2-4 tsp coconut oil
- Splash of Tamari soy sauce
- Grate or chop garlic.
- Slice mushrooms and Bok Choi if you would like
- Add coconut oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a pan on medium heat.
- Add veggies to pan and cook until veggies are softened
- Add a splash of Tamari soy sauce if desired
- Salt to taste
Asparagus Vinaigrette Salad
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 4 TBLS olive oil
- 4 TBLS lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 TBLS shallot or onion finely minced
- 2 TBLS capers, washed, drained & chopped
- Break off stem end of asparagus, rinse in cold water.
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes (less for thin stalks, more for thick stalks).
- Drain, submerge in water w/ice to stop cooking.
- Wisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Arrange one layer of asparagus in bottom of glass dish.
- Pour dressing over asparagus. Cover & chill.
Soy-Ginger Marinated Tuna
- 2 4-6 oz Tuna Steaks (also works well with Salmon, Tofu, Shrimp, and Chicken!)
- 4 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1-2 inches Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Finely grate garlic and ginger using a microplane (or, use a food processor)
- Mix together ginger, garlic, Tamari and Sriracha (if desired)
- Pour marinade into a large Ziploc bag with Tuna steaks. Seal well and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Can be grilled, broiled, or pan-seared (using 1-2 tsp coconut or olive oil)
Broiled Blue Fish w/Mustard Sauce
- Fillet of blue fish w/skin removed
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard w/ seeds (Country Dijon)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Remove any bones from fish (use tweezers).
- Wash & dry on paper towels.
- Put garlic through garlic press & mix with a small amount of lemon juice and a generous amount of mustard.
- Cover broiling pan w/foil and brush with Olive Oil.
- Paint fish with mustard mixture.
- Broil close to heat until cooked (some like it blackened on top, some like till just soft)
- Serve with Asparagus Vinaigrette (see below) or steamed broccoli with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together equal parts:
- Mustard (whole grain or Dijon)
- Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste!
- 1 Bunch cilantro
- ¼ c coconut oil
- ¼ c lime juice
- ½ Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add a few teaspoons of water or extra lime juice for a thinner consistency.